Requirements for Participation in Puppy Preschool
1. Your puppy must be between the ages of 8 and 16 weeks of age.
2. Your puppy must have been seen by a veterinarian at Aztec Animal Clinic, received at least one DA2PP vaccination as well as one dose of an anti-parasitic medication a week prior to attending class for the first time.
3. Your puppy needs to have been in your home and apparently healthy for at least 10 days prior to attending class for the first time. This time period is longer than the incubation period for most of the serious contagious canine diseases.
4. Your puppy must continue to stay up to date on his or her vaccinations while attending class.
5. Your puppy must be bright, alert and feeling well to attend class. We will be doing a quick “check in” with you as you arrive for class each week. Please do not attend if your puppy is under the weather or out of sorts in any way the day of class
6. Your puppy must have a fecal analysis (intestinal parasite screening) before attending first class. You may pick up a container from our office for collection of feces. Once obtained, bring sample to our office and we will submit it to our lab.